Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisC View Post

I'm a researcher/writer. I've been doing a lot of research and it's just been more upseting. No hope for cure. How bad of a condition do I really have? Real Age.com, Dr. Weil, they say just meds. Even my Nutritional Healing book which has everything, NOTHING for neuropathy. It's like I feel like I'm screwed.

I'm sorry to whine to you all. Really, I am. Thanks for listening. I'm not usually a whiner.
This is a good thing....that you are a researcher and have experience looking for answers.

Those who do the homework, (the stuff ignored by the doctors) are the ones who often see the most improvements.

There are several parts to PN. Identifying it (typically what the doctors do), and figuring out what is causing it (some doctors will do this), getting symptom relief, and hopefully healing (whether this is IVIG or nutrient support to encourage nerve healing.)

It would be helpful if you can recall what happened immediately before your first symptoms appeared.
Did you have a viral illness? Come back from a trip?
Overdo exercise? Have a vaccine?

And don't forget to request a heavy metal panel.
Arsenic specifically can be in water supplies or inhaled from burning pressure treated wood. A woman in my area got arsenic poisoning from playing softball on a contaminated playground! Lead, mercury, and cadmium are also culprits.
Hobbies and also stripping or refinishing furniture may cause PN.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote