View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 10:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not an official weekly check-in thread, but how is everone doing?

I know this isn't an official check-in thread, but rather than let this tradition die off, I thought it would be great if we could fill each other in on how we're all doing with our trials, tribulations, and overall daily life.

So having said this I'll start.

Last Thursday was a turning point for me. I had my scheduled neurologist appointment at the Lahey. This has been the best I've felt in years with my current medication schedule working the way it is. My doctor was pleased and I don't see her for another six months! Yay so we get to meet on Boxing Day, December 26 pending snostorms of course.

During my appointment, we discussed the current path I'm on and she decided that since things are working, we'll keep them where they are. I did mention to her my funky dreams and collateral damage like a split lip a week or so ago. She said that this is possibly REM sleep disorder and some Klonopin could help, but we decided to hold off on it for awhile. We also talk about my increased tremor. It's not bad enough that I can't control it, but it becomes predominant when I am tired, hungry, and stressed. I still also get those darn foot cramps even though the Sinemet works in all other ways.

Overall this has been a pretty stressful week. I'm back to taking classes at night. Kind of mandatory now otherwise I'll lose my student loans and end up paying everything back now, which I don't want to do because this would increase my monthly expenses by nearly $250 per month.

Add to the school stuff, my normal work week, poor sleep again, and preparation for my upcoming vacation which I am really looking forward to. So starting Friday, I am on vacation again. I'll be off chasing storms in the far west this time starting from Denver. I really am looking forward to the vacation, but sadly once I go this time I'll have no more time left for the year. Perhaps this is a good thing because I'll have a chance to squirrel away some money for next year.

Anyway how's everyone else doing?

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (06-19-2008), Picksey (06-20-2008), RLSmi (06-19-2008), rosebud (06-19-2008), stevem53 (06-20-2008), Thelma (06-19-2008)