View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin Olhipie adventure in a boat...

This past Tuesday the tamiloo and I went with the group that carts us cripples….oops, what I meant to say was physically challenged, to a lake close to our home where we were able to get on a big boat and whip around the lake. It was my daughter and her husband’s boat. There were about 10 of us with MS.

We ate a great Dutch oven meal. After we were done eating, I was carried onto the boat and my son-in-law lifted tamiloo into the boat. They were so good, didn’t even get me wet. Four of the women on the boat, one at a time got into a fancy tube with handles, and were pulled around the lake.

Mydaughter and her son, Anthony who is 8, did wake board and it was great fun to watch.

What a great day!!! No spills to report, dang…sometimes the spills are fun except when they take you down into cracks in the earth, power chair and all!! No falling out of the boat…didn’t even get wet. Sorry you were all waiting for me to do something crazy…not this time!

I do appreciate an organization, Common Ground, for taking the time; they do to help those who are physically challenged to experience stuff that we never thought possible!!! Hugs to Common Ground!

Here is a picture of the Grandson enjoying the breeze in his face!!He has my hair color but lighter.

"Your only as old as the women you feel" Groucho Marx
Olhipie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (06-19-2008)