Thread: Concering dairy
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been touting goat milk for about 3 years (almost 4 ) after realizing that dd reacted to cow dairy.

However, I began to suspect she was still reacting, albeit much less, many months ago. It took a while to go dairy free so that we could challenge her and get a clear picture of reaction. However, this summer, after 3 months off all dairy, she went to stay at Granny's for a week and sufferred enuresis. They admitted that they fed her goat dairy even after I told them not to let her have ANY! SHEESH... Like someone else said on another thread, "I know, I know better."

So we're off all dairy and starting over and will probably rechallenge after Christmas to make sure that they didn't feed her cow dairy but wouldn't admit it because they were already in trouble about the goat dairy and trying to feed her off a gluten BBQ (she corrected them on that before she got glutened - Thank goodness!).

I must say though, that both children seemed to have had an enormous growth spurt since we have been off all dairy which is unusual in the summer after the winter wheat has been taken off and the children seem to slow in growth (in previous years).

Hmmmm!! Lots to think about.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote