Thread: my story
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Hurricane12 - Your NOT ALONE!!!!

[QUOTE=hurricane12;292815]what is pcs like for you?

Hey Hurricane12,

I know your pain, my friend. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! I know, SO WELL, that I vividly recall the feeling of waking up & the wondering when the searing pain would ever go away. I often used to REALLY BELIEVE that I had died in my accident & went to Hell. That would be far too complicated to explain 2,000 years ago when the Bible was written, so they made Hell sound as if its "Hot, Fire, & suffering." I was convinced of that *UNTIL* I found the rights docs and the right meds.

Hurricane12, my friend, PLEASE get yourself to see a psychiatrist. Get there sooner than yesterday!! Like you, I could not sleep. I have been there!!! The Xanax removed the wicked Nightmares & the Ambien allows me to sleep.

I am 1.5 years into this accident, and 6 months ago I was in an identical place that you are now! I was an emotional wreck. I tried to sleep and I would lie there, DEAD TIRED, and not be able to sleep. It was, like you said, a living nightmare.

My Neurologist combined with a Pain Clinic at the hospital near me (outpatient, of course) got me on the right meds. If you would like to know more, please let me know. I'd love to be of help, bro. Just post or if you email me personally. I'd love to help ya.

THE POINT: My life is not THAT much better, it just FEELS SO MUCH BETTER now because the right medication made my life comfortable & even happy at times.

God Bless!

Joe

(For Heaven's sake, get yourself some sleep meds to start. The old wives tale that "no one ever died from lack of sleep" is TOTAL CRAP)
Joe M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote