View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Strange symptoms after surgery

Hello! I am new here, so please forgive me if someone has already answered these questions and I just didn't read back far enough. I am 30 years old and was diagnosed with Chiari I 5-6 mm herniation after about 2 months of solid severe headaches. Immediately following the surgery, I was very confused. My husband equated our conversations to ones with his grandmother who has advanced Alzheimer's. The nurses just put it off to pain medications. The confusion continued after discharge from the hospital and then my pain increased to unbearable when vertical. I was told to go to the ER. They told me that my pain and confusion was due to my body attempting to reject the artificial graft placed during surgery. I was given a Medidose pack and nausea medications. It seemed to work. Yet I still have confusion, not nearly to the extent that it was, but I do not tell my family when I get confused and don't know if anyone except my husband knows. Also, when I bend over or down on my knees, when I get up, everything gets black and fuzzy around the edges and then recedes and everything is normal again. BTW, I still have all the Chiari symptoms (major pain when sneezing and coughing, tingling in my arms). I also still have a severe headache. I go back to the neurologist today to find out if my cerebral angiogram shows any vasculitis or anything treatable. I am desperate for answers or any advice or ideas.
Thank you to everyone for your time.
ciera13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote