View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:10 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart Prayer Request for Christine and Christopher

Five years ago today, my previously healthy neighbor collapsed from a massive heart attack at the age of 46 while working out at a health club. When he stopped jogging, sat down and slumped over, people thought he was just resting. After several minutes, they called 911 but never used those paddles on him.

He was rushed to the hospital and underwent surgery. Doctors fixed his heart, but he never regained consciousness. He was eventually transferred to a long-term facility, but his wife felt he was being neglected and became furious when they dropped him when transferring him to a chair. After a few weeks, she brought him home.

In the beginning we had a parade of people from their church coming by to help my neighbor care for her husband. That soon faded. My neighbor now cares for her husband and two daughters, with the help of her mother who lives down the street. His condition is no different than that woman in Florida - Terri Shiavo.

I support my neighbor because she loves him and swears she sees him in there. He was a good man who loved her dearly. My last conversation with him was after my son's high school graduation. I gave Christopher a nice photo I had of his wife and girls - he held it close and said "My angels."

After all this time, I doubt Christopher will ever improve but I know my neighbor will never give up on him.

I would like to ask for prayers for his wife Christine (yep, they are both named Chris). She needs all the strength she can muster, along with peace of mind to keep her balanced enough to be a good mother too. I've known Christine since she was a toddler. She's ten years younger than me, and I used to babysit her when she was a kid. It hurts to see all the stress and strain on her face, and she never gets a moments rest.

Thank you.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote