View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Unhappy Side effects...Gabapentin

I have been taking Gabapentin 600mg at bedtime for over a year. Over a month ago my doc had me start taking 600mg two more times during the day, which means I'm taking them three times a day.

I have been fine with taking the evening dose however, since I started taking the other doses. I have had problems with shaking in my hands and jerking everywhere else. I can be sitting watching tv and my arm will jump…or any other part of my body that I cannot control. I have also felt really buzzed at time I have had horrible problems with my memory, yesterday I was talking with my DH about something and I couldn’t remember a word he was asking me what it meant. I had to have him repeat it over and over and I still couldn’t remember it. I have gained weight an dizziness its all too weird...

I don’t like what is going on…The pills does relieve some of my pain but not enough to make it worth taking. I’m thinking of going off the pill except the evening dose.

Has anyone else had these same side effects?

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote