View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 01:29 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Hi Jean,

It's really nice to meet you, although I regret your reason for being here. There are a lot of members who suffer from fibromyalgia, either as a primary or a secondary condition, and that includes me. The worst thing about the illness is that no one really knows the mechanism by which it attacks the body. They're all still trying to figure it out.

Having talked with many people who suffer this illness, I find that there are some symptoms which are common to everyone, and other symptoms which seem to afflict people quite individually. One list of possible symptoms I found included 76 different ones. I have suffered from some of the ones you have mentioned, but not from all of them. To me, that's the scariest part. Not knowing what to expect next. But I try to stay current on the research, and learn what I can from others. We have a fibromyalgia forum here, where you can post questions and maybe help other with their problems.

I hope I see you around here again, and that you decide to become an active member. You sound intelligent and concise. Good luck to you with all of your problems, Jean. Best wishes to you.
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote