View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 01:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ON has been my really major symptom too. The first time I had it my leg was really WEIRD. Now I have hyper reflexes and clonus in my weird leg.

I have had vertigo off and on. A few times it has been so bad. All I could do was lay face down on the floor with my eyes closed so I could not see the world spin.

He made that comment about being dizzy after he had me follow his finger with my eyes. I have ON and it was not an easy thing to do.

Oh, I feel so sorry for people who do not have a good MS doctor. I would be so discouraged if I had seen this guy before my MS doctor.

It is good to know you really are not crazy!

La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
Well, he sounded like a putz. At least he agreed that you have MS even tho he sounds like one of those doctors that think everyone is faking.

You have symptoms, and MRI, and two confirmed cases of ON, and TN...why would he really need an LP?

I'm not positive about this, and if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will tell me. But, if you have at least two lesions, and more than two flares/exacerbations (the two occurances of ON and the TN) that are separated by space and time. Then, wouldnt that be enough to say it's MS?

I didnt have any obvious lesions...just a few white "spots/dots" on my MRI that werent indicative of MS and werent in the normal places you'd find MS lesions. I got diagnosed after having my first attack of ON, and then having my feet go numb, tingly, hot and cold and feeling like I had boots full of thumbtacks in them. It took four months between the ON and the numb feet...oh, and the L'hermittes that appeared a day before I got diagnosed. That's at least the symptoms that my neuro and other doctors observed. I had numbness in my right thigh several months before I had ON and saw a neuro for the first time. I guess they didnt count the numb thigh and hip, since they didnt see me for that. (I did see the PA at my regular doctor for it tho, so there was a record of it)

Even my MRI didnt show any lesions on my optic nerve, so they just had to go on what they observed when they looked at my eyes to diagnose ON.

What did that guy mean by saying that dizziness isnt bad? I've had vertigo a lot (probably my first symptom that I had) and it's the worst symptom of MS that I've had so far. He's apparently not ever had vertigo before, because that would probably change his mind.
Started Avonex February 22 2008 (still progressing)
July 2009 started Betaseron.....

"Don't argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference."
slskckjebw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Becky21 (06-21-2008), Twinkletoes (06-20-2008)