View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slskckjebw View Post
Thanks for the replies. I am going to call my MS doctor and see what she has to say about this.

I should have said in the beginning of my message that I have an MS doctor who is a 3 hour drive one way.
She wanted me to find someone closer who would partner with her in my care.

The is the first neuro I saw hoping he would be a right fit. He said he has never heard of my doctor. She actually works for the MS clinic here in our state and the clinic is fairly well known.

Maybe he is new to the area. I do have some other options here. What a waste of money today was except for he did confirm for me that my MS doctor going in the right direction.

I just do not appreciate being looked down on because of our family size. My husband and I have been married 26 years. We gave birth to 2 children. Adopted 5 little children who needed a home.

We have been criticized and questioned about WHY we would do this by other people. Honestly if a person can not understand opening your arms and home to a child who needs a home then I don't understand them.

There are so many children who need families and not enough families willing to take them.

I didn't know I had MS before we adopted our children. If I had we probably would not have taken on such a challenge. Four of our adopted children have Down syndrome.

I am grateful we have our family. The future is kind of scary but things will be ok.....ok enough venting.

Thanks for the support!

LA:

I have several cousins who were adopted, and they're my favorite cousins, so I like hearing about people who adopt. I dont see why that doctor had to interrogate you on the number of kids you have and why. What does the number of kids you have have to do with your MS?

It drives me nuts when a doctor or a nurse assume that vertigo is not a serious symptom. If the vertigo is bad enough to drop you to the floor or make you wake up constantly while you're sleeping...or keeps you from walking or driving. That's a pretty serious symptom.

About two weeks ago, I woke up with vertigo. Called my neuro and he was so ready to write me a Rx for steroids without even seeing me in his office. Only reason I didnt get the Rx was because I didnt want oral steroids, he didnt want to give me IV steroids, and we both kind of decided to see if it was being caused by the ON and not by some new activity somewhere else. It didnt last long at least. (ohthankgoodness!) I dont like the side effects of the steroids, so I'm glad I didnt take them.

I'm hoping to not have to take steroids too often. (only did them once, and that was for some pretty serious vertigo last year) But, if I ever get vertigo so bad that it drops me to the floor again, I'm taking the steroids however the neuro wants to give them to me. I'll take them orally, IV, or heck, even rectally if I have to. Anything to make the dizzies not bother me.

I just hate vertigo. Good thing the dizzies that hit me a few weeks ago were mild in comparison to previous vertigo attacks I had before I even knew about having MS.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote