View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm a little worried that my older sister will get it, and that her daughters could end up with it some day.

I may not get along with my sister, but I wouldnt wish this onto her for the world.

I've noticed a few neurological things in my family. My grandma had Alzheimers. My nieces have Asbergers (autism), and my dad has mentioned on occasion that he's got a numb spot or two. I'm pretty sure that I know what side of the family any of the weird neurological stuff comes from. (my dad's side)

I've got a distant cousin (dad's cousin's daughter) who has MS. So far it's just me and her with the MS. (she's probably worse than me) So, I'm pretty sure we've got whatever genetic thing that you "need" to get MS floating in our gene pool. Just takes the right circumstances to trigger it.

I think MS has some sort of viral component to it. I noticed a few things before I had mononucleosis, but I really do think that the mononucleosis I had in 1995/1996 is what turned the MS on in me. I'll have to talk to my cousin someday (I've never met her) and see what she thinks.

My cousin's MS appeared the same week her brother was made a quadrapelegic. He'd been swimming in a lake, and dived in head first. Broke his neck. I think the stress of his injury is what triggered her MS. She and her brother were both in the hospital at the same time. Paralyzed. At least her's got better. I've met her brother since his accident, and he's just the nicest guy. Hopefully I get to meet her someday and we'll be able to compare stuff.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (06-22-2008)