Thread: Optic Neuritis?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 04:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

All this sound so familular to me. The eye pain especially when you move your eyes, grayed out vision, double vision, pale colors, bright flashes, and blank spots. I had a bad bout of this last year, but it took 8 months to get a doctor to give me a referral to see an ophto. By then it had improved quite a bit, but did show up as a 30% loss of preception of red, slight loss of visual field, with an increased blind spot and neuromuscular double vision and minor nerve fiber loss

Diangnosis? None. He did say it was a slight event but couldn't claim a neuritis event, cannot rule out MS, but claims no evidence of this, contiue to observe for this.

Too bad they wouldn't let me see an eye doctor until 8 months later. HMO's suck.

My eye doctor (regular) has been baffeled for years as to why my vision changes back and forth so quickly, it gets expensive having to have glasses remade. I was surprised to hear that others have had these type of vision changes. I've had 2 normal, I am told, VEP's, of course always when I am not having eye problems.

Monday I had the grayed out dim, little color vision in my right eye, but it only lasted for about 2 hours, and yesterday for about 15 minutes. This happens to me quite often. Ah but never when I am near an eye doctor or any other doctor for that matter.

I doubt that the doctors believe me. It's kind of like metorites they happen, but you if you walk out side and look at the sky, what are the chances you are going to see one? But does that mean they don't exsist?

Pat
pals1107 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote