View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 04:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rugby (off topic) ... Howard,

I would love to give some witty reply but when you are suffering your worst run for 25 years it is difficult. At least no one can accuse us of peaking between world cups, (something you boys have experience of ).

The European Cup and Leinster, in particular, (Brian O' Driscoll, Gordon Darcy, Shane Horgan, etc), exposed the inexperience of our great hopes in the backline, (i.e. the mighty Gloucester backs, Ryan Lamb, Anthony Allen, Jack Adams, Olly Morgan, (all under 20), I am a Glos season ticket holder !!), however watch for them in the next few years.

We struggle for creativity in the pack, look for James Forester another Glos boy to at least help there.

Where we really struggle is creativity in the backs, our best, the Glos boys, Matt Tait are all a bit young, the rest, all a bit uninspiring. It would be great if the coach went for youth vs your boys but as his job is increasingly on the line, (to put it mildly), I cannot see him gambling.

In summary, I can see us competitive in the pack (James Forster assumed to start), but with recent selections we will struggle in the backs.

We are reliant on you boys choking at the mighty home of Rugby, (some hope).

Aftermathman.

P.S. An NFL "touchdown" (where the player doesn't actually touch the ball down), is so named due to gridiron's roots in Rugby !! Something for the Americans there who must be wondering what the hell we are talking about

P.P.S. The Chinese stem cells looks like the sort we were warned against in a recent BBC article.
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote