Thread: Stiff Neck!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 06:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Kim,

LOL! Yes, I meant stretching exercises! The PA gave me the neck stretch booklet of exercises. AND...I was doing them all day long yesterday in the shower. I am much better this morning. You had two levels done right? So, I can just imagine you were in some real discomfort! I only had the one level done. And they told me to wear the soft collar for comfort...not all day long. But you and I have discussed this before. Sometimes, those collars, I think can make things worse. I know sometimes when I take mine off my neck is really stiff. Then at other times it helps to relax those muscles. So, I think it is finding a balance of what feels good and what doesn't. I definitely wear one when I am riding in the car! My husband has a Jeep that throws me all over the place and the bumps in the road will just tear me up LOL! I am also wearing the bone growth stimulator. It is more like a necklace which is nice but it too can hold my head up in a certain position that can cause me to start to ache. So, I periodically wear it throughout the day NOT 4 hours straight. Oh, and my computer chair is one of those super duper ones from Relax the Back that my husband got for me for these very issues. It has arms that I can raise or lower for comfort. But I think what really happens is that when I sit here, sometimes I go into a "head forward" posture which is not good LOL! So, I am always having to tell myself to tuck my chin back in. Oh, and forget the vacuuming! It can wait. The Miralax is now out of my system too so I really think it was a combination of both. It is odd because Colace can make me dizzy too. Go figure!
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote