Old 06-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I think you would

enjoy Dr. Kittley's book and website.

She has found many organic reasons why people feel bad or
are overweight. Her main diet is to identify and ultimately eliminate foods that cause cravings and water weight gain
for people.

And this differs for each person. She is very big on gluten free eating. Estimates today are that 1 in 150 are gluten intolerant.

Dr. Kittley also suggests using Taurine and Inositol daily.
Now the inositol may be a problem for bipolars, esp those taking Lithium which depletes inositol. No one knows if this lowering of inositol is the real mechanism whereby lithium is actually working. But I have introduced inositol into our home and all 3 of us use it to reduce anxiety. My husband can tolerate higher doses, but I stay around 500mg daily.
This has something to do with insulin resistance because inositol is lost in the urine of diabetics. Also inositol is used in PCOS treatments now. Taurine is also useful for improving gall bladder functioning and complexing with cholesterol and moving it out thru the bile.

I personally think Dr. Kittley is the most sensible of all the diet doctors I have read. She is amazing in fact. So do check her out.

I think it is alot easier to do a dietary change like this in the summer. At least for me being in cold weather affects appetite signficantly. (but I know you are in Fla...so that would not be so much of
an issue). I always lose some weight every summer, and gain it back every winter.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mari (06-23-2008)