Thread: Stiff Neck!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 08:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kathi,

I was in a hard collar for at least six weeks after my cervical fusion...and I was stiff, but I also had a 360 done...Did you have a 360? I felt as though they cut my head off and sewed it back on the first few weeks..The first few weeks I cried a lot, but I did not have very good pain management either..Any way....when your doctor allows...Someone I think JB, recommended that I ask the PT to do myofacial release massage...I think this is what it is called...but it really helped...They massaged my incision in the front of the neck and the back...I think it helped with the stiffness and ROM...I had three levels...C4-5, 5-6 and 6-7...cages in the front and rods and screws in the back...

Glad to see you here!

I wanted to edit this to say too...Someone told me not to throw the soft collar away ...I could not determine why...I think it was Cervie Queen...BUT do not throw it away...You will need it on long trips...Your neck will get tired...I use it for city driving too...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote