View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 10:45 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Savannah

Hopefully you will find information in the links listed above to help with the testing - if you do have neuropathy and it is something that can be treated - that is so great.....

As for fatique and heal intolerarence - with PN a definate yes for me anyway... I have never been one to ever sleep during the day - when I first got PN 9 years ago quickly I learned that a 3 hour trip to the doctor exhuasted me for next two days... now I'm actually almost collapsing when I get home and sleep for hours for any trip out - and I cannot kick it - so yes, definately part of the illness for me... Also, heat intolerance - I've never liked heat but didnt get sick from it - now I do - literally - last summer was ER after a 10 minute ride in an air condiioned car to the doc - with heat exhuastion (it was 115) - we're having triple digit temps right now where I live - have been for days - and will coninue on and off all summer - I have to try to limit any outside exposure at all - and listen to my body - which apparently cannot adjust to the severe temp changes...

I have heridiatary sensory, autonomic, and motor neuropathy - after many years of testing and biopsies and docs consuting with one another on diagnosis - and while there is really nothing I can do but most importantly treat the autominic symtoms that affect cardiac and GI fuctions - at least I know what I'm up against and also to respect my body - its not what it was -and its gonna let me know if I try (which I do all the time) to fight it....

I hope you can get your docs to work with you on the testing - and that all bases are covered!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote