Thread: medical mystery
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 12:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking

I have 3 herniated discs in my neck C5-6-7 It started out with server dizzieness episodes which would pass in 3-20 minutes. I have been living with it since 2002. Then I noticed my left pupil slightly larger than the right. They had a awnser for that too, the discs were pushing that way. Now over the past 6 months I have had mild confusion, slur a word here or there and a sharky feeling inside now the rightr pupil is larger than the left But everything seems to originate in my head/neck. If I lay down I feel better. However i HAVE BEEN TOLD WHEN A DISC IS HERNATED YOU HAVE TROUBLE FROM THAT POINT DOWN YOUR BODY, NOT UP. Well I guess I am the rare exception, dizzy is in your head, slurred words I assume come from your brain. So your not alone. I have been dealing with this for a long time and now with new symptoms after 4 neurologist I am looking for #5. They also told me to see a shrink, which I did. But suddenly changed thier minds when my pupils changed.
Well your not alone, ever need to talk. I am here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzie lizzy View Post
Hi,

I've been having trouble getting diagnosed over the past 6 months. In January I started having episodes of dizziness and muscle weakness. It got so bad that my co-workers sent me home in a livery cab. I went to see a Neurologist who sent me to the ER. They ran tons of tests and found nothing. The Neuro did an MRI and found an opacified right sinus and 2 herniated discs. Did PT for the discs and antibiotics for the sinus. Since then I have seen that Neurologist, an Infectious Disease Dr., my new PCP who is an Oncologist/Hematologist as well, an ENT, a Rheumatologist, an Opthalmologist, my Gynocologist, a Psychiatrist and 2 Physiatrists. I've have 4 MRIs, a sleep deprived EEG, a pelvic sonogram, about 12 roudns of blood test and a CT Scan. The only thing that keeps coming out not normal is the right sinus opacification. Both Physiatrists agree that the herniation isn't severe enough to be causing my muscle weakness. The ENT and my PCP and my dentist (DMD) agree the sinus thing would not cause the dizziness, muscle weakness or the other neurological symptoms that have appeared in the meantims (short term memory problems, slurred speech, uncoordination, balance issues, trouble with small motor function (buttons, typing, dialing the phone). I've been on another round of antibiotics and steroids since then to no avail. My ENT and PCP want to surgically remove the sinus blockage and do some exploratory including taking a brain fluid sample so they will have stuff to run cultures and biopsies on. My PCP is also sending me to a new Neuro and my old Neuro sent me to a Cardiologist who I will see next week. Anybody recognze my symptoms or have any advice or comments?
storm1688 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote