View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello again!

Crwstar-
Mine is on the carotid artery right where the opthalmic branches off. I guess yours being off on the other artery must make a difference. I was also told that mine was in a bad spot, but coiling was the only option. My neurosurgeon prefers clipping because it's a more "permenent " solution, but said the area is too hard to get to from the "outside" without causing major damage. How large is your aneursym and how long have you had symptoms? My neurosurgeon seemed to think I may develop symptoms at any time. It's funny that you have drooping. They did the MRA because of mine and then found the aneursym, but say it's unrelated. I ended up having surgery on my eyelid on the affected side because it wouldn't close and I was told that was unrelated too. Yes, a craniotomy isn't fun. The surgery wasn't horrible, but recovery is slow. I also had complications and ended up with verbal learning deficit.

Wiz-
It smart you pay attention to your blood pressure with the family history. I fortunately don't have high blood pressure, thank goodness! I'm not about to take up weight lifting though. God bless.

Last edited by sarahin; 06-21-2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: added info
sarahin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote