View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thank you all for the nice compliments.

I would love to go back to work some day (after Alan gets well). Even with all the nonsense I have going on in my body, I think I could still contribute.

Can't do this yet because Alan is still recovering from his foot ulcer.

But just you wait. Someday, there's a job out there that will singl to me.

And I'll sing right back.

Oh, I saw Angie last night. She came racing down the block (that's right, racing). She had her hair all done up, with capri pants and sandals (don't forget, she's 88 years young).

She said; "my grandson is getting married next month". She has 16 grandchildren and god knows how many great grandchildren. She said "my daughter is in Florida with her boyfriend". Now I know one of her daughters is 65 years old. I said "which one?" and she said 'oh, the 58 year old one, she needs a boyfriend" I said 'you need a boyfriend" and she cracked up.

We were sitting on the porch and I said: 'Tell me, did you buy a hot dress?" She laughed and said: "Are you kidding, it's slit up to here and she pointed to her bodice and said "and it's slit down to there". Then she said: "I don't want people to look at the wrinkles on my face so let them see my legs"

Some of the older people around the corner are very jealous of her because all THEY do is sit on the porch and say hi to everybody that passes.

Now Angie, SHE MOVES!! She'd go dancing every night if she could.

And she's got 4 stents and a pacemaker.

God I hope I'm like her when I hit my 80's ....IF I HIT MY 80'S. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-21-2008)