View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default No one could sign on to Second Life yesterday!!

Hi, for anybody who wanted to go and look at Second Life yesterday, the grid was down for maintenance and an upgrade from 7 in the a.m. till 3 in the p.m EST.

It was working fine as of last night. I had to ugrade my software. Took me all of 5 minutes.

And it's completely free to sign up. unless you want a paid membership.

I truly believe that the people who pay for it are the ones who are really really in to the virtual role playing games. They hunt for treasures, and they design their avatars with skins and costumes that would rival a special effects company.

When you have linden dollar (virtual money in SL), you go into virtual stores and purchase skin (the color of your body), you can purchase body shapes, ears, (other private body parts as well). You can have an animal head, an animal behind, tails, etc. That is in the animal body parts store (I kid you not).

You can also purchase wings and look like an Angel in this world.

But this kind of stuff is for the real gamers who take this to a whole new level.

I looked up my son's profile in their and there is a tab at the top of his profile that says "first life". I clicked on it and sure enough, there was his picture.
So there is the real world in which we live in which is referred to as First Life and you have Second Life which is (virtual reality).

So there you go.

Happy Teleporting!!!!!1

Melody
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote