Thread: Forgot My Cane
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Forgot My Cane

One morning about a week or so ago, I decided I would drive a few blocks to the 7-11 and get a french vanilla cappuccino. I go in there all the time.

It was a spur of the moment craving and I grabbed my keys and my purse and took off. I found a park right at the front door and reached over and no cane. I sat there for a minute and wondered if I should drive back home or should I try to go in without my cane.

It wasn't crowded so I decided I would just go in and get my cappuccino. Small store, short walk with just a couple of customers. I got out of the car and the cashier was staring at me and the few customers in the store were staring at me. It was so strange to see them look at me because I guess they must have thought I was drunk or on drugs.

I have used a cane for 16 years and have it with me whenever I walk out of the house. There have been a couple of times that I have forgotten it and I have always gone back for it.

I really don't notice people staring at me when I am on my cane. I get a lot of compliments about how what a cute canes I have. I have an animal print cane and a red, white and blue one.

I felt like I was doing pretty well until I realized everyone was staring at me. It was the strangest feeling to have all eyes on me. I just ignored them and paid for my cappuccino and went back home thinking, wow, what an eye opening experience to be gawked at like that.

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (06-23-2008), McGimpy (06-25-2008), MSacorn (06-22-2008), SandyC (06-22-2008), Twinkletoes (06-22-2008)