View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 02:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tena, thanks so much for bringing this to everyone's attention. I had a post half finished, lost it and was going to try again.........but my lumbar is really painful, so sitting at a computer is not good.

It is true and I am sick about it and doing all I can to protest this. I have started sending info out to others in Canada. The federal government attempted similar legislation in the 1990's, but it was defeated. This as you state has passed second reading, a date for the third reading has not yet been established. It is beyond belief if this passes that I will have to see a medical doctor to prescribe my supplements. Can you imagine trying to explain why I want to take this one and that one. Everyone seems to have their own personal opinion what works, if it works etc. It will be a freaking nightmare.

You can be sure big pharma is behind this, a few government officials and others who will make big bucks if this is pushed through. Canadians tend to be fence sitters on political issues so I am worried.

This is off topic but will give you another example of where our health care system is at. Like Rosebud said it's socialized Medicare. I am paying $1750.00 of my own money to have two MRI''s done Tuesday at a private clinic. One on my neck with the pinched nerve and the other on my lumbar area that seems to be causing a couple of symptoms similar to pd and a whole pile that are not. I would have to wait forever to get even one, two would most likely be out of the question entirely. It is my health and it will also clarify in my mind if my problems are due to pd or skeletal problems.

Please everyone jump on the band wagon regarding Bill C51. Thanks again Tina.

Bonnie