View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Two things have changed since I went to Cornell.

They changed my dose from 22 to 18

AND THEY CHANGED MY BLOOD PRESSURE from just pain Zestoril to ZESTORETIC which is a water pill also. So now I'm taking 20 12 1/2. Before I was on 40 of the Zestoril.

Could this be why I had muscle spasms last night??

Last night at 4 a.m. I again had muscle spasms in my calf. It woke me from a sound sleep. I said "better go back to the calcium magnesium pills". I had stopped taking them (even though I use the epson salts soak once or twice a week), I had not been taking any calcium or magnesium supplements. I just awoke, saw my left toes moving upwards and said "uh oh, here comes a spasm". I just got up and walked around, I took an alprazolam because I was afraid that the spasms would shoot up my leg, but it never happened. I just walked it off, and went back to sleep. Woke up just fine. While I was watching tv last night at 10 p.m I noticed the right toe was curling, but I pushed it down and nothing happened.

I had stopped the cal/mag thing because of the constipation. I HATE constipation.

But I went back on them this morning.

My sugar is 120 (on the 18 units) so that's okay. And at 4 p.m. yesterday it was 107, so I guess my body is doing fine on this dose.

I'm losing weight so I gather that as I continue to go to Cornell and I continue to lose, they might even drop the insulin more.

Do any of you know if lowering insulin leads to muscle spasms? I really didn't see the connection but it happened the same day as I reduced to 18.

Do you think it might be connected? or do you think it's the fact that I haven't taken any Cal/Mag in about 3 weeks or so (might even be longer). Or maybe it was the change in the blood pressure meds??

As soon as I do go to the bathroom, I'm back to my old self. I just started to add 4 prunes a day, and a bit of fruit.

I think I better stop putting raw stuff in my salads, and just stick to cooked veggies to see if that will get my system back on track.

This all started in June when my son began calling us. My whole system gets whacked when I talk to him. It's just how my body reacts.

I was perfectly fine before June. I even said to Alan. "just you wait until he starts calling, I'm going to start having bowel problems" and Bam, that's exactly what happened.

I can't control how my mind works. I wish I could

Up until that first phone call, I went to the bathroom every day. Then he calls, and my body shuts down. Then the cops came to my house the other night because I got a threatening letter in the mail. You have no idea what THAT did to my stomach.

I don't take anything. I did talk to the Blue Cross Nurse who calls me up every 3 months and the other night we had our 3 months catch up. I explained about constipation and she said 'It's extremely commong for many people". She explained that once in a while I can use an enema (I know not abuse this). She explained about stool softners, etc.) We had a nice talk and she commented. "I wish all my phone callers knew about diabetes like you do. You seem to know what you are doing and what to eat". I explained about Cornell and she said: "oh, THAT'S why you know stuff".

So hopefully, my stomach will get back on track.

I must say that once I'm cleaned out, I do feel like a brand new person and I can walk for miles.

It's amazing what the gut does to a person.

Melody

Oh quick question. You ask if I feel different on the different dose. Do people FEEL differences in their body when they lower insulin?. I never knew this.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 06-22-2008 at 01:00 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote