View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 02:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had an employer who was way less than supportive after my bout with colitis, two months downtime, and an emergency surgery to remove my colon. I pushed to return to work 5 weeks after my release from the hospital, where I had been on TPN and IV pain meds with a pump . . . because I wanted them to know how glad I was to be back to work. My surgeon limited me to 4 hours a day to start . . . and my employer responded by reducing my case load by 10%! Wow! How very supportive is that? On top of that they began to write me up for things that happened while I was laying in my hospital bed near death! On paper they looked so-o-o-o-o nice a cooperative . . . but i was being called into my supervisor's office regularly and put down for not keeping up with my cases.

Have you discussed ADA accommodations with them? Have you discussed this with an ADA attorney? Giving 80 hours a week puts you in the position of being the "good guy" in this scenario.

But bottom line . . . your health comes first. I hope you can find a balance, and satisfaction in whatever it is that you decide to do.
"Thanks for this!" says:
moey1997 (07-04-2008)