View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 04:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default newly diagnosed with RSD

Hi
I am 27 yrs old and my RSD diagnosis was confirmed a few days ago after it showed up on a bone scan. It is in my left lateral knee. I have had 3 surgeries in that knee. My 3rd being in Jan this year and a major one. I was on bed rest for 8 weeks. I basically woke up about a month ago in pain so severe it made me cry. I am usually not a crier with pain unless it is really bad. I am on lyrica, oxycontin, a cream containing neruotin among other ingredients, and the lidoderm patch. I am suppose to get a nerve block soon. I am hoping once I get the block I can go off the meds and try to get pregnant. I am basically so sick of my knee and I really want to get pregnant. I guess my question is can RSD affect pregnancy and how long should you be off your meds before being able to try. I am kinda over the pain and just want to ignore it and move on with my life. I have been off work since Jan. My husband is a marine and we are getting ready to move from maryland to north carolina a week from today. The move so far has been hard because I cannot help with much and when I try I am in a lot of pain afterwards. I am hoping to find a good dr. there and to get the nerve block asap. Has anyone had the nerve block, if so how soon did you notice it helping?

I am glad I came across this site so I can find answers and do the best I can to get through this. I know I have good and bad days and ups and downs emotionally as well. I hope to learn a lot more. I think the more I know the better I can get through this. I know now it is not cureable but it can go in remission. I am hoping I can get mine to do that.

Erin
pemac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote