View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Ever heard of an Everquest Convention?

Mrs. D.

When the nintendo crazy hit, and then there was playstation, well these video games had role playing aspects to them. Not only could you play karate, and tetris but there was a game called Everquest. My son had all the games. I looked it up online and there are Everquest Conventions.

The people who go there are exactly like the trekkers who go to Star Trek conventions. The everquesters dress up like their characters in the game.

they go to conventions dressed like Nanook of the North, with polar bear skins and large blades. I would drop dead if a guy ever came up to me at a convention and looked like that. I'm much prefer Klingons. They seem tamer.

I've never been to a star trek convention. I know people who have gone and they've taken photos with Zulu and Checkhov and other guys from the tv show.
That would have blown my mind. I should have taken the time and gone.

I'm not into that anymore. Probably I outgrew it.

But Second Life, well the graphics are out of this world. Everytime you enter a world, the graphics start loading as you stand there and the world you are now in is literally building itself up around you as you stand there and wait for it to load up. Whoever designs these graphics most certainly knows their stuff. Some worlds have waterfalls that so exquisite, I just walked around and admired the view. It was actually like going on vacation and sitting on a log by various waterfalls. Absolutely breathtaking and very calming.

You should try it.

Melody
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote