View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 11:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for such kind words!

The complete head in a nutshell (that sounds funny just saying it, since well, it is like something in a nutshell) is so complex it is hard to say what this may be caused from.

However, you have gone through an extreme trauma and I'd assume there was some nerve or tissue damage done during that event. But, I am not a doctor so I can only guess here. I would suggest that if you feel like theres something else that simply is -not right- to get a second or even a third opinion.

YOU know your body best, and you know deep down when something just isn't right. If you ever doubt the quality of your care, get another opinion atleast to give your mind a rest. You may hear the same thing, but you may not, so it is always safe to be certain.

If I have learned one thing, it is to follow my instincts. Had I not done that, I'd be sitting in the same office letting a doctor treat my 'headaches' with Botox. While I hate to have the same tests done over and over, and answer the same questions - I'd be getting treated for something I didn't have if I didn't do all of that several times until I found someone willing to look deeper into things and hear me when I said "Something just isn't right".

If you aren't happy with the answer your doctor is giving you, tell him or her and/or get another opinion. I try to always give my doctors the benefit of the doubt and tell them if I do not agree with them or do not feel I am getting enough 'attention' regarding my concerns.

Best of luck to you, dear and make sure to keep me updated. I can only try to imagine everything you've gone through and admire how strong you are.
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote