View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Updating my bird story once again.

A local breeder advertised in yesterday's local newspaper that he has birds for sale at the moment. He has the ones I want, plus many more different varieties, so I phoned him ...... as soon as DH was out the door
, and he said there should be birds available around my DH's birthday if the winter and early sping are mild. He explained to me how the weather can upset their breeding, so fingers crossed for me that the weather is kind to his breeding stock.

I asked about my chances of getting a male bird, as the concensus here was that males made better pets, and he said the opposite. He tells me that in all his experience the female has been the better pet for him. Anyway he said that the birds were difficult to tell apart when they were little, so even if I asked for a male, there was only an 80% chance that I'd get one.

Maybe I'll just let DH pick out which ever one he likes and not worry at all if it's male or female.

Now all I have to do is stop myself from going and getting one now and telling him it's his early birthday gift!

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (06-23-2008)