View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Rebilling

Jo, I don't know what the complications are for billing the private insurance for your coverage,; but in our case, the secondary picked up everything that was not covered by workers comp.

When we had refusals for the first and second surgery, the secondary paid. Then when the w/c was favorable paid back.
Dr. Togut was out of network of at the time, but as he was the only Thoracic outlet surgeon, none of their "thoracic" doctors did the surgery, they preapproved and paid the bill when submitted.

BUT, I still have many times the w/c is not cooperative and treatments or medications would not be covered that the secondary had paid no questions, no problems.

First as a disabled dependant on our First Priority, then the medicare and then the green ACCESS card.

Even now that the max on the medicar part D was reached, there are no co-pays and meds, including brand duragesic are paid for.

The only other thought I have is I settled out a personal bill one time that was almost $5,000 for $1,500. It was a credit card that the kids ran way up and lots of fees on it.
I did receive a 1099 for it at the end of the year though.

I hope it is resolved soon and stress over it can be gone.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote