View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default doctor in NC

I highly recommend the Carolina Pain Institute in Winston-Salem. I have been going there for the past 1 1/2 years. They are totally up to date on all the new treatments and research going on. If you google it you'll find their website. Not sure where in NC you're moving so hope this helps
Jeanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by pemac View Post
Hi
I am 27 yrs old and my RSD diagnosis was confirmed a few days ago after it showed up on a bone scan. It is in my left lateral knee. I have had 3 surgeries in that knee. My 3rd being in Jan this year and a major one. I was on bed rest for 8 weeks. I basically woke up about a month ago in pain so severe it made me cry. I am usually not a crier with pain unless it is really bad. I am on lyrica, oxycontin, a cream containing neruotin among other ingredients, and the lidoderm patch. I am suppose to get a nerve block soon. I am hoping once I get the block I can go off the meds and try to get pregnant. I am basically so sick of my knee and I really want to get pregnant. I guess my question is can RSD affect pregnancy and how long should you be off your meds before being able to try. I am kinda over the pain and just want to ignore it and move on with my life. I have been off work since Jan. My husband is a marine and we are getting ready to move from maryland to north carolina a week from today. The move so far has been hard because I cannot help with much and when I try I am in a lot of pain afterwards. I am hoping to find a good dr. there and to get the nerve block asap. Has anyone had the nerve block, if so how soon did you notice it helping?

I am glad I came across this site so I can find answers and do the best I can to get through this. I know I have good and bad days and ups and downs emotionally as well. I hope to learn a lot more. I think the more I know the better I can get through this. I know now it is not cureable but it can go in remission. I am hoping I can get mine to do that.

Erin
NikonKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (06-23-2008), ali12 (06-23-2008)