View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I think nerves will be the end of us all.

We have to learn better coping mechanisms. I've been able to literally change my whole life with better eating habits, etc. etc.

But sometimes, when stress hits, well it has to go SOMEWHERE. Didn't have any spasms last night. But then again, I soaked my feet in epson salts for 30 minutes before I went to bed. You better believe I'm doing this every night.

I also have began to take the Cal/Mag again. I know we all need calcium. I just hate the side effects.

But dealing with stress, with adult kids, with whatever life seems to throw at us, well we do what we can do.

I do believe however, that I now know what my purpose on this earth is.

This morning I was at my usual table at Dunkin Donuts and there was this woman at the other table just sighing. She was a matron on a school bus (she wore the uniform).

Out of the clear blue sky, she turns to me and says "I buried my mother last week". I said "oh you poor thing'. She began talking. She lost her husband, she buried two children, and now her 87 year old mother. This woman needed a shoulder to lean on and this morning I was that shoulder. She was considerably overweight for someone of her height. She was telling me that her doctor took her sugar reading several weeks ago and said 'Camille, you must lose weight'. I said: 'Camille, 20 people can tell you this, but if you are not ready, you are not going to do this'. She said: 'you know, you're right" I said "what is your sugar number?" She said "The doctor said it's 136".

Now 136 is not a death sentence, we all know this, but she said: 'My brother has diabetes, my father died of diabetes, my husband died of diabetes"

I said 'oh my goodness". I just listened. The lady needed SOMEONE to vent to, and this morning, I obviously was THAT SOMEONE.

I told her 'you're a beautiful woman, but you are going through the grief process right now". Things will look up some day. She said: 'I have a 24 year old son who lives with me". I said 'Is he a good boy"? And she said: "Oh yes, he's a joy".

I then said 'honey, just relish this and enjoy this, because some people don't even have that". She smiled and said 'yeah, people tell me this all the time".

So I patted her on the cheek, said "better days are coming". And she smiled.

I go there every morning, so I know I'll meet up with her again. She was a very nice woman going through a hard week.

Everybody has their story, don't they???

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote