View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jan, I wish I could say whether the ESI did the job or not, but unfortunately approximately 24 hours after the procedure I started to get a bad pain in my lower right back at the belt line. I have had this happen a few times over the past year or so and the pain is debilitating. Usually it is my right upper pelvic area that hurts, but there have been a couple occasions where the left side is the culprit.

What I think happened is that my L4/5 herniation got disturbed during the ESI procedure and I am now paying the price for that.

I called the PM doctor office and was just told to ice and then try heat and hope it subsides in a day or two.

As far as the ESI, I have not felt the pain in the back rib area so far, so hopefully the ESI was a success and the lumbar flareup will be taken care of later this year.

It might be partially my fault, I did cancel a scheduled selective nerve root injection in August that might have prevented this flareup, but at the time, I wanted a second opinion from a new NS before proceeding....

So, here I am now two days after the ESI and in discomfort from another chronic spinal problem, just cannot win some days.

Jyes
Jyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote