Old 06-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayoKay View Post
*trying to stop myself from making a barbeque sauce joke*

have a GOOD time, and enjoy the show, Princess.

mah daddah was AF, and planes were in his bloodstream..

we went regularly to the shows at Moffett Field, or Stockton... a fond childhood memory...
I am going to respond to this before I read the rest of the thread...

I used to work at Moffett Field and regularly worked the "noise complaint" desk for the Blue Angels' air shows....I worked for Naval Weather Service at Moffett and I came within inches of getting a ride in the back seat of the PR plane (when they were flying A-4s). They didn't ask if I was military or civilian and, of course, I didn't volunteer. When I was getting geared up to go, the Master Chief politely (not) told the pilot "not on my watch" are you taking a civilian up in that plane. Rats...there went my chance to get a ride in an A-4.

BBQ sauce...I could have used some then. He was one of the Master Chief's I worked with so not much I could do about it...

I have seen them perform many, many times, have several autographed photos of them hanging in my office, and have flown civilian with a few of them. My husband flew with them but not as a Blue Angel. He has flown the F-18, it's a great airplane.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (06-23-2008)