View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rick

That has got to be tough going. The complete wearing off of meds has got to be the enemy we all rally against. I simply cannot imagine not being able to do stuff, such as jogging in the park, mowing the lawns, shopping, etc.

In my own case, meds were stable on around 900mg per day until around April 14 2008l (Dx 1996 age 46. started meds 1999) when a simple gastro bug ripped the heart out of meds working for close to 30 hours. On recovery i was taken off the 25/100 sinemet and banged on the 50/200 CR Sinemet. I enjoyed--not-- 2 weeks of ubiquitous living and uncertainty, a cocktail for disaster. Fortunately I have managed to settle on a combination of meds, good eating, plenty of exercise to a stage where the heart is pumping blood and oxygen through the system during exercise, thus reducing toxins and other impurities, while strengthning vital neccessary organs such as kidney and liver.

My meds had climbed to around 1350, 1400mg per day now back to 1200. Dicipline is the key to success and the goal is to improve the condition of the body each day from that April day. i'm out for a jog now and looong may that continue....

GO HARD>>>>SCIENCE
Howardh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote