View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 07:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry for you and myself too!

I have them in both feet. The left foot had injections and has been quiet. The right foot has been operated on three times, and I had alcohol injections in the right foot when the foolish things grew back again(third time) into stump neuromas. These puppies are worse then the originals. I get the burning nerve pain a lot at night when I'm trying to sleep. The alcohol injections worked for awhile, but not so anymore. They hurt like crazy when I had it done and it was a series of five shots.

I've been told by two docs now not to consider anymore surgeries as they feel it would just make a bad situation worse. I think I have a touch of anesthesia dolorosa in the right one as well as stump neuromas (2) which just like to make me miserable. I stay in Birkenstocks and have custom orthotics, but mainly stay in Birks.

I don't have any advice to offer or names of docs. It seems as though this is one area that could use some help, but none to be found. I have multiple neuromas in each foot, between the second and third, and third and fourth innerspace of each foot. I mainly walk on a treadmill now, which totally stinks since I love the outdoors, and I workout in a heated pool too, to keep the stress off of my feet. I'm also on a steady dose of ultram 300mg each day, and I still get pain. At least I'm still here...

Ellena
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote