View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Before I join you there

I started reducing my Sinemet/L-dopa before I started taking Zandopa. I was taking 1500 mgs daily (500mg RR and 1000 mgs CR). I eliminated my last dose (one 100/25 RR Sinemet/L-dopa and two CR 100/25) and started taking L-Tyrosine instead. I continued reducing the remaining 400 mgs of RR and noticed an improvement in my side effects, less calf pain and toe dystonia. This was interesting indeed.

I was down to 800 mgs of CR when I started Zandopa. I am now on my third week of taking Zandopa and continuing to reduce my CR Sinemet. Yesterday I was down to 500 mgs daily and today I have reduced that to 400 mgs.

The difference is so obvious that everyone comments on how much better I look and are doing. Most are astounded. The reduction of my pd meds is being accomplished so fast even I find it hard to comprehend. The side effects are so minimal to non-existent. Gone are the on/offs, freezing and pain.

Why I have been so fortunate is a mystery. Is it because I don't believe I have pd? What about the theory that you continue to have side effects after you stop taking dopamine if you can even accomplish that goal. These are things I can not answer.

I started reading books on the brain and realized I was on my way down. I started getting interested in the brain re-circuiting itself and knew I had to change and re-think everything. I was depressed knowing the meds I had to chose from were not the answer and the cure they told me that was coming in 5 years was not coming where it would do me any good.

I felt alone until I found this forum. All of you are so knowledgeable and open.
I got info here that I wasn't getting from the neurologists. I feel I have turned the corner. I had a much more thorough post but lost it.

Bonnie
imark3000 (06-24-2008), reverett123 (06-23-2008), ZucchiniFlower (06-23-2008)