View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:55 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default My dyskenisias...

...are not that bad but I can relate. In fact they are not a problem unless I take a little too much sinemet, usually in the morning. On such a morning, if I am going to drive into town I may seem normal as I leave the house. But if I try to talk on the cellphone, first thing I know I am jerking and twisting so much that I no longer do so while driving.

Another thing that starts them up on those OD mornings is my choice of music. Anything "peppy" starts them.

My impression or hypothesis or best guess is that the problem is the sinemet since it is a constant in all cases and that it is dose related. It feels like the opposing muscle pairs are clinching and unclinching in a chaotic manner which yields the distinctive "dance". They are worsened by overstimulation such as music or phone calls.

We know that it is a control problem in that, as you said, sitting quietly and peacing out provides temporary relief. I wonder what hypnosis could do here? I have had pretty good success with the brain wave entrainment but it is only so long as I listen. But it might be worth your checking it out to see if you get temporary relief with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk13 View Post
OK, here's another one: When wildly dyskinetic, if I stop whatever I'm doing, and go sit quietly in a comfortable chair and meditate (nothing fancy, just relaxing, taking deep breaths, clearing my mind, and so on) I can usually become perfectly still within minutes!

Unfortunately, the second I stand or even just speak, the writhing kicks right back in again.

I suppose I could meditate all day long, but that would defeat the purpose. I think this suggests that there is at least some - if not a lot- of mind over matter going on here.

Anybody else have this experience?
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kk13 (06-23-2008)