View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 05:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Charliebubs,

Funny you should mention this. I woke up at 1:53 am this morning with zaps and zings and pain. I get facet injections today at the C2/C3 level. Anyway, what I normally do and I also have a cervical pillow, is to take half of a Vicodin and use ice or heat; depending on which gives me the most relief. But last night I didn't want to wake up my husband so I just slathered Biofreeze on that whole area including my scalp. I don't know what they sell in the UK but over here it is Biofreeze or Freeze It. It is just a gel that is similar to Icy Hot only much better. I don't think it really does much of anything medicinally. It is just that the cooling gel keeps the pain down as ice would. Other than that you could try a soft collar; that sometimes help as you can rest your chin on it if your muscles tighten up in the occipital area. ON is sooo hard to treat and I don't know what pain meds you have available. If nothing else, you could try an oral anti inflammatory; those sometimes help. Oops, I should have clarified. Use MOIST heat only...not dry. And sometimes I have just filled the tub with water as hot as I can get it and then just lie back and let it nuke that area.

Good luck with your injections!

Last edited by Kathi49; 06-24-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Added More
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote