View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I'm telling you, I am enjoying these neighbors. I live on a block where people have lived ALL of their lives. There's Lily, on the house at the end. She's 99 and still takes her push cart and goes on the bus. SHE GOES ON A BUS AT 99 YEARS OLD.

I met her in Dunkin the other day. She was hobbling along (she'll never use a wheelchair). and she was going to take the bus. We all just looked at her.

The majority of the older folks in my neighborhood don't have computers as of yet. But their grandchildren do (not their children, their GRANDCHILDREN).

So the grandchildren think it's funny to give grandma a laptop. So who do they come to. Why Melody of course.

I'm telling you, when Angie saw Alan and I singing on youtube she never saw anything like it in her life.

And when I told the 77 year old that her laptop comes with a webcam (she didn't know what a webcam was), and I said "we're going to make videos and show EVERYBODY, she said "We are??"

And I said 'We are going to have such fun".

Life should be about grabbing fun when you can.

OH BY THE WAY. TODAY IS ALAN'S BIRTHDAY!! He's 61 years young.

I'm taking him to Dunkin for Breakfast. I have a nice birthday package all made up with some new tops and shorts for him.

He'll enjoy this.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote