View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Welcome NummyCat and lynxgal!

Are we having fun yet?
Silverlady's reference is important...It pretty much covers the majority of the meds many have tried and use. Sounds like both your docs are super cautious about prescribing possible meds that can help you! Actually, ULTRA cautious? To the point of NOT prescribing non seizure meds such as Neurontin, Lyrica, Topamax and the dozens of others most usefulmeds for such issues..... Have either of your docs tried any of the Anti-Epleptic Drugs [AED's] for you at all?
I'm not sure where either of you live, but surely there are docs you can go to [after you get copies of your prior tests etc] and get a second, third and whatever it takes opinion to get treated properly! There are enough of us on the boards from all over who mite, just mite know of a 'good guy/gal' not too far away? Or one who can get things rolling on the best treatment path for each of you.
I for one have found that at times, the pain meds such as Tramadol can take the 'edge' off, but not much else and that nothing really helps long term for me but to take my mind off of it or sleep. Ironically aside from my first few months w/CIDP, I can and DO sleep! Tho not as well as 'before'...I dream rarely, and dream-mode is something I wish I could have more than once a week.
For CIDP? Here is a site I've posted up in the 'stickies' and I suggest that you explore the whole thing!
http://www.cidpinfo.com/ Just click on the blue part and you'll get a new screen...
It talks about diagnosis and the standards for diagnosing... Any doc that says 'Can't trust the Internet' doesn't realize that this site is really put out for THE DOCS! It is a respected international PROFESSIONAL site, and a doc who nixes it, well? I can think of a 'few or more' words! I won't print them tho.....
I encourage you both to read the 'stickies' - the middle link at the top of this forum and also to go back and read lots of prior posts. You mite just find answers to questions that have been buzzing in your mind for ages, never know...?
Hope this helps... - j
Love your names by the way!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (06-24-2008)