View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrie View Post
Someone dear to me has just recently discovered that she has genital herpes. The pain that she has endured through this first outbreak has been incredible. As someone very close to her I have been reading a bit about it...what you guys are saying here is frightening!
She has much stress in her life and now this makes it wosre! She is young and she thought she had her 1st yeast infection...not. We had to go to emerge because she was so swollen and in so much pain....they tried to cathderm her but the swelling was too much....ice packs helped the swelling and she was able to go pee but was in terrible pain each time.
Now that she knows what it is and has meds for it it is getting better slowly!! I did not know that alot of people have it..I was shocked when I found out! She will be starting at a clinic for STDs and councelling as well. I pray that all goes well for her as we are extremely close and it would kill me to have her go thr any more than he has aready!

Sorry for ramblin'....thanks for your ears!!
Dorrie,

I understand how frightening it can be when first diagnosed. The truth is though that anywhere from 1in 4 to 1 in 3 people have it. The first time is incredibly painful. Something that helped me was taking a very hot bath and then drying with a hairdryer on low. That gives temporary relief while the prescriptions are working. The upside is that by and large it will be very obvious to her when an outbreak is going to happen so she can start the Rx right away and the pain will never be as bad again. It does suck big time to have to live with it the rest of your life, but it could be much much worse. If your friend would feel better talking to someone else who has been through it. I am happy to support her as much as possible on here.
dizzie lizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote