View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
Hello DaisyMae!

I wanted to say hi and tell you that I am a fellow autoimmune sufferer. I test positive for lupus and have the RH factor (have arthritis) and am diagnosed with the 'antiphospholipid syndrom'.

I had a stroke at 19 (am in my late 40's now) and it left me with central and peripheral vertigo due to the 'APS'.

My diagnoses came only a few years ago after being ill....forever. I have also had 2 muscle biopsies that show myopathy/denervation. That being a problem for the rheumatologist, because she doesn't know if the positive ANA is from the muscle disease or lupus. I recently had a series of small strokes, again.

Either way I am on 'Methotrexate, Prednisone, Folic Acid, Topamax (for migraine) Neurontin, Cymbalta, Alprazolam.

It took my body a while to get used to the MTX. The prednisone made me feel amazing....until they tapered some what.

I hope your appointment went well. Good luck with everything!
BlueMoon,

Have you noticed if the Folic Acid affected your urine output at all? I was taking it for a while and it immediately made me pee twice as much which then made me really thirsty. Since going off it, I am back to normal. Just wonderful.
dizzie lizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote