Thread: mirapex
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 01:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The Short Story - not a pretty one

I was on Mirapex for nine years, most of that time at "maximum dosage," whatever that means. When she put me on it, my very prestigious doctor (also MJF's doc) said 'This has a lot of psych effects - you'll be up cleaning closets.' I'm someone who always balanced my checkbook every month, never went into debt...during the 5-years after initiating Mirapex, I lost probably $100,000 - was sued numerous times. I wound up with out of control behavior which led to me being raped - in a gay bar of all places. I was not even capable of opening my mail or filling out a form.

I am finally off Mirapex, and it was really, really hard to get there. My mind has begun to clear up to the point where I am no longer in debt, and am having the semblance of a coherent life. I have many people who saved my life from this, including my family, wonderful friends, shamans in South America, and other unexpected helpers. I am so grateful to them all, and live to repay these debts somehow. The panic attacks in getting off the Mirapex were horrendous and almost did me in. But you can get away from it, and I feel INFINITELY better now. You could not pay me enough to ever take that again.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (06-24-2008)