View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 03:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sleep Study Results: Need CPAP. Anyone else?

I just got back from seeing my ENT to go over sleep study results. I had the study done a couple of weeks ago. I did not want to have the sleep study because I didn't think I was snoring or having apnea. I went to see him for popping and hearing loss in the left ear.

He diagnosed the ear problem as TMJ and then insisted that I needed a sleep study. The study shows that I stop breathing an average of 26 times an hour with drops in my oxygen levels. The longest apnea was for 43 seconds! Yikes, that is a long time.

I woke up 95 times during the night related to the apnea. No wonder I am so tired in the morning. I knew I wasn't sleeping well but I didn't know it was that bad. I am really shocked.

Anyone else here have to use CPAP and how has it worked for you? He gave me the option of surgery but I wasn't too thrilled with having my tonsils, adenoids and uvula taken out. He told that the surgery doesn't even work 30% of the time. Not the best odds. I will try the CPAP first. Thanks for listening. I am a little upset about the whole issue.
Pacifica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote