View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default tincture?

That'll take some trial and error Rosebud. 'Course, time you work it out, the little bottle will be used up and you wiil start over...

Well, if it was easy then everybody would be doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
No one mentioned mucuna tincture? I ordered a bottle from a supplier in the UK but I have no idea how to use it. Mostly I have no idea of how the dosages are equal counterparts of the sinemet. it came with a teeny tiny measuring cup.

with medications 5mg of this med IS NOT equal to 5mg of that med. So how does anyone really know what's appropriate.

Rick, you may be able to boil the powder in a bit of water...rather than baking it. You could then use that for a smoothie. The amount of mucuna in a single dose is so small that I can't imagine there would be enough toxin to make a diff. Let me talk to my bean guru about the toxins in beans. When you soak beans your softening them up for cooking and ,the excess water is poured off as water leaches out the toxins. But thats not true for all beans. For example we eat Pork and Beans canned with no ill effects, but canned beans like red kidney we are told to rinse thoroughly.

Lots of questions...but we have all the time in the world
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote