View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

[B]Hey everyone...wherever you are...
I didn't check in last week...busy with in laws' dr. appts., and we went up to the northwoods of Wis. last weekend, so I needed to get ready for that.

Had another scare with my golden retriever, Sanford, who's nine, after we got home on Monday. He gets all stressed out coming home from the cabin. He ended up with bloat again, and we had to rush him to the vet emergency care, where they get all of the bubbles out and stabilize him. He was near death when we got there, and we had to decide whether or not to put him down. He went through this last year, and survived. They had recommended that we have his stomach tacked to his ribs last year, but our vet didn't recommend it. I guess the emergency vet was right.

We decided to go ahead with the surgery, so he's doing well this morning, and I'm scheduled to pick him up tonight.
It's so hard when you get so attached to an animal. He is so devoted to me; he follows me around everywhere. I wasn't ready to let him go.

So now, after the danger has passed, I am feeling awful. I had a major IBS attack last night, and I'm still feeling sick. I'm going to take it easy this morning and hope that I feel better later.

Also, I've been experiencing this stiffness in my left back again. It feels as if I have a racquetball stuck there at about the 10th rib. I can't tell if it's muscle stiffness, or if it's under the rib. Bugs the he@# out of me.

And what's with this stupid tingling in my right arm now??? I can't figure out if it's a pressed nerve in my neck, or in my elbow. It comes and goes, and it doesn't matter what position I'm in. I'm worried I'll lose sensation in my hand and arm if it continues.

Well, I don't think I'll join you in drinking today, Brain. So sorry you're not feeling well. You were doing so well for awhile. Take care of yourself!!

See you all next week...some hot tea and toast for me, please!