Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Mrs D,
I just started the benfotiamine about 2 wks ago.
Mebbe I'll give it some time to start to work.
How long did you take it, before you started having results
6mos? 1 yr?

Brian
I've always slept with a brace, since the surgeon
Dx'd the problem.
For me it was at least a month, maybe 6wks.

First the arms going to sleep at night (some nights) got less and less, and now my hands are better. (I've had carpal tunnel as a primary symptom of my thyroid problems--and it was very very bad during my pregnancy when I was 34. It improved some after delivery..the EMG showed tho it was severe.)

If I do something extreme, like handle heavy rocks, I can feel the zing in my hands. Sewing with a needle is hard for me too.
So I gave up crocheting for example. Heavy digging or twisting with a trowel in the dirt, can also set me off.

I did 300mg of benfotiamine for about two weeks, then reduced to 150 mg daily. Remember I was using regular thiamine before that with some success. I also now use 100mg of r-lipoic acid for insulin resistance control daily.

My carpal seemed mostly due to fluid retention. So I watch my sodium intake, and use a diuretic once or twice a week. Since the benfotiamine, this swelling is very much less. So for people who have this peripheral edema, the benfotiamine seems very useful.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote