View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieSue View Post
I'm looking for a flowering bush/shrub that will do well in full sun and does not need much pruning/shaping. The people that lived here before have lots of those evergreen hedges/bushes that you constantly have to prune/flattop so they stay in their perfect square shape. I can't do that kind of maintenance. What else would work and be attractive? Just to put on either side of a birdbath next to my shed.
Potentilla. It comes in several different colors - yellow, reddish, tangerine, white. It needs no pruning, drought tolerant, has a nice shape, nice flower, and you can prune it once a year if you want to keep it from getting too "woody." It handles full sun very well as well as partial sun, partial shade.

http://www.monrovia.com/learn/plant_...arch_term_add=

Here's Monrovia's website page on Potentiila for information about the plant. It's very versatile! And it's usually very cheap! If you go for the yellow, Goldfinger is the best one!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JessieSue (06-25-2008)